Monday, June 30, 2008

Poetry in a toon: Embracing change

Whenever I'm in a particularly contemplative mood, I choose poetry to express myself rather than the usual comic strips or toons. Here is one of my earliest toons, a rare combination of a poem presented in the form of a toon.



The inspiration behind this toon was the fact that I was contemplating taking on something completely new that would have changed my life drastically. However, the human tendency to fear change and cling on to familiar ground crept in to my mind. As we grow, we become more and more resistant to changes. So, after procrastinating the decision for as long as I could, I created this toon essentially to clear my own confused state of mind.

Now when I look back, I can happily say that it helped me a great deal. I confidently took the plunge and took the decision I was holding back for so long. Not only that, I also shed all the fears that were previously haunting me and faced the many new subsequent changes, that followed my decision.

"it's time for a change

And deep down you know it too

Embracing the unknown may seem strange

But that's what really best for you"

Yes, I knew it was 'time for a change' but I had been avoiding the decision for very long because it fearing the unknown. Although it did seem 'strange' for quite a while initially, it did turn out to be the 'best' for me in the long run.

To this day, the very prospect of a change (however big or small) still continues to worry me. But, over time I've come to terms with the fact that change really is the most inevitable fact of life. Also that most changes are healthy and bring about positive effects on our lives.

There is nothing constant in life, except change.
Accept change!

Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I visit your site often even though you won't find me commenting etc. You have a good blog here.

    It would be good if you can change the theme of the blog to a better/wider one that suits the content, so that one can see cartoon strips easily without scrolling. Also, sometimes auto-scroll by mouse hovering doesn't work. Its just a suggestion in case you are experimenting with the theme.

    regards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know you visit my blog too!

    Thanks a lot for your feedback. I have made some changes in the format. Do let me know what you think of it now!

    ReplyDelete

Followers