Saturday, June 20, 2009

Heaven Vs Hell

Which is better between heaven and hell?

Since I haven't been to either, I can't say.

What if we live so-called 'ideal' lives thanks to our glorified visions of heaven and when we finally get there, it turns out to be nothing like we expected? These were the thoughts behind this cartoon...



And like I quite expected, some people didn't see it my way. I received the following comment on my toon:

"im not sure this toon was a good idea. i mean, im Christian. and everybody in my church KNOWS Heaven will be PERFECT! and NOBODY wants to go to hell...its a HORRIBLE place!! TERRIFYING, HORRIBLE, INNAPPROPRIATE is the definition of hell!! and NOBODY wants to go there! and its NOT so much better!! even if you were joking, it doesnt matter. God would not want to know that even if somebody was joking, was choosing hell over Heaven."


(original comment here)


So to all those of you who may find this toon offensive, if it clashes with your religious and / personal beliefs, please note that this:
  • (like all my other toons) is just a figment of my imagination and bears no resemblance to reality whatsoever
  • is not about any religion or god, its about beliefs and expectations
  • is also an indication that you can tell me to 'go to hell' since I've offended you (trust me, I wouldn't mind!)
  • is well, at the end of the day, just a cartoon!
And those of you who liked this cartoon, also see:

1 comment:

Followers